Friday, March 9, 2012

Balloon Round-up, Wrap-up

The 15th Annual Winthrop Balloon Roundup was another smashing success. Great weather, a balloon wedding and flying drones made the sky candy even more memorable! 
A huge thank you to Kurt and Melinda Oakley of Morning Glory Balloon Tours who put on this entire event and the handful of businesses that supported them. It is an incredible opportunity for Winthrop to have a festival like this and it enhances our economy.


Mark your calendars now for next year's Balloon Round-up, March 1-3, 2013 you won't want to miss it.

Here is just a few of the many comments that were recorded on the Winthrop Washington Facebook page about the Balloon Festival:

I would like to thank everyone in Winthrop for their hospitality over this past weekend, we came out from Michigan to see the Balloon Roundup and had no idea what to expect but we all loved everyone we met. I am already making plans to come back for it next year and will hopefully be able to afford to bring my balloon out some day and fly with so many great pilots.

I would like to thank everyone in Winthrop for such a good time. For being a visitor you made it our own as well. Even put us to work as chase crew. Thanks again, be seeing again.

That was the first balloon wedding I've seen and I thought it was awesome!! I loved the drones filming it from the air, we stopped to see the drones when your pastor/pilot (another cool thing) asked us if we wanted to stay for the wedding t...oo. You went outside the box when planning all that and it will be a day nobody there will ever forget because it was so cool.